SciX Open Publishing Services (SOPS) is software that allows setting up various on-line scientific publishing media such as:
- personal archives,
- institutional archives,
- topic & society archives,
- electronic journals,
- electronic conference proceedings,
- workflow support for the above.
SOPS provides building blocks, such as repository, user management, discussions, ratings, reviews, review process support etc. out of which the above publications can be built.
SOPS is open in the sense that it provides:
- WSDL definitions of all available functions,
- Metadata harvesting according to the OAI-PMH 2.0 standard.
- Compatibility with citation management software such as Reference Manager, Citation Manager and Endnote.
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office 2003 Research Task Pane
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds.
SOPS is multilingual. It exists in English, German and Slovenian languages.
SOPS is a result of an EU funded research project. It is freely available under an open source license. SOPS is built on top of the WODA database and web services engine.
To install and run SOPS you would have to:
- read the SOPS Manual.
- have a functional Web server and capability of running Perl Scripts.
- install the Woda Web Services 4GL tool.
- download SOPS
- install SOPS as instructed in the manual.